nulook.nu

Tuesday 28 May 2013

KL city food review- Western to Banana leaf



We had this heavenly ribs at this restaurant next to Watami in Pavilion. It's even better than any ribs I have tried- soft and tender and customer service was tip top. I had a sandwich but the serving was pretty big so we shared. 1 slab of ribs and a plate of sandwich was sufficient to satiate 4 of our tummies.

Food- juicy and satisfying 4/5
Customer Service- Great 5/5
Decor/ ambiance- Cosy for any occasion 4/5
Speed of service- I like quick service, but we waited for a bit for our food to arrive 3/5
Location- Pavilion


And so my colleagues went, 'you have to try the Korean noodles!' It's totally instant noodles! but it was pretty rad. It's pretty spicy. For those who can't take spicy food, I don't recommend it! For those who are on a hunt for spicy noodles, you can give this a shot. The first half of the bowl was great, but when diminishing returns set in, I wasn't so into my noodles anymore :/ Or maybe it was because I had a blocked nose when I had this hahaha. Soreh! XD

Food- Can be a bit more flavoursome 3/5
Speed- Pretty fast 4/5
Location- Food Republic, Pavilion



Thumbs down...

Me no likey this TomYum at Food Republic in Pavilion. It had a weird sour taste. But then again, I have tried numerous TomYum before the first prize still goes to the alley at Fahrenheit 88. More updates on that one soon! :D





Who hasn't tried banana leaf at Bangsar (Nirwana)!

I doubt anyone hasn't.

But I don't understand what the craze is all about. I found it a bit tasteless. No doubt the portion was fit for a King, and what's more shocking is girls slimmer than me (and I saw it with my own eyes) can actually finish one whole portion of rice, (imagine it being slightly bigger than your face) and adding on more side dishes! Holy cow!

So I had my maggi mee goreng. It was a disappointment too! I am never harsh on food but this one was cold and bland as well.

The one thing I like here is the Mango Lassi. It is pretty good I must say. I love Indian Lassis! And if you have a Vitamix at home, you can make your own Lassi :) Just blend ice, mangoes, 2 spoonfuls of natural yoghurt and you are good to go!


Eating budget in the city, I mean right smack in the city, i.e. Pavilion/ KLCC is no easy feat. But bro brought me to the makeshift makcik-run stall by the roadside. Guess how much my beehoon and egg cost! RM2, and the portion's pretty big.

It ain't healthy though, so I have stopped feasting like this.


I had this in Star Vista (next to Buona Vista MRT station) Singapore, basement at a Taiwan xiaochi stall. I loved it! The meat was intertwined with fats so I bit into the meat and left so much fats behind that it looked as though I hadn't touch my food! I have never been a fan of skins, fats, deep fried or oily stuff, but I'm a total sucker for chocolates and desserts. omg... who says no to chocies?


Being confined to eating around the office area enabled us to walk within a certain radius for lunch. So, I had this ginormous portion of noodles at Cosway, opposite pavilion. Second floor. A plate of noodles + a drink+ fruits/rojak= RM10. It was hot and good, yummy and has a good balance of proteins and carbs. My super ripped colleague thinks it's still unhealthy. Shall have a sandwich next time!


The 5 of us celebrated Jess's birthday with a Pavlova cake from Lavender! I'm a guilty sinner who sins on desserts but oh wells, once in a while yeah? ;P

XOXO
T

No comments:

Post a Comment